- What is Microneedling?
Microneedling is a minimally invasive cosmetic procedure that’s used to treat skin concerns via collagen production. Also known as collagen induction therapy, this treatment may help those looking to reduce the appearance of acne scars and stretch marks.
It’s also used in certain anti-aging procedures, such as eyelid surgery and sunspots. Microneedling isn’t effective for hair loss, despite the possible role of collagen in hair growth.
You may be an ideal candidate for this procedure if you’re in good health and have certain skin concerns that haven’t responded to home treatments or other types of dermatologic procedures, such as peels.
- • Microneedling is minimally invasive, requiring no downtime.
- • It’s considered safe for most people who are in overall good health.
- • The procedure isn’t safe for people who use certain acne medications or for women who are pregnant.
- • You’ll experience minor redness and irritation for a few days after the procedure.
- • Efficacy
- • It’s considered effective in treating minor scarring related to acne, wounds, and aging. You’ll likely notice brighter, firmer skin, too.
- • Ideal results are achieved after multiple sessions.
- • Microneedling is far more effective than at-home rollers.
Price: $199 (single) or $399 (3 sessions)